The venue for SACLA 2020 is the wonderful Mpekweni Beach Resort, situated along the spectacular Eastern Cape coast, 93km west of East London.
- Many countries are exempt from visa requirements for South Africa. Please check if this applies to your country of citizenship.
Letter of Invitation
- If you require a letter of invitation to travel to South Africa. Please email the conference secretariat with your request.
Getting to Venue
- We recommend that you fly in via East London airport, which is serviced by flights from Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban. A car can be hired at the airport to drive to Mpekweni Beach Resort. The distance is 93 km and the driving time approximately 1 hour.
- Alternatively, Port Elizabeth airport provides additional flights, but the distance to the venue is further (195 km) with a driving time of approximately 2 hours 20 minutes.
- Note The conference organisers will not be providing a shuttle service from either airport. However, private shuttles may be available; arrangements for which must be made privately.
Queen Shower Rooms: With views of the pool, these rooms offer good value for money.
Family Rooms: Views of the pool and a comfortable deck to relax on make these rooms ideal for a family
Twin Beach Rooms: Situated along the main beach, these rooms undoubtedly offer the best seaviews at Mpekweni.
Luxury Family Rooms: The luxury 4 star rated family rooms are impeccably furnished and spacious.